Thursday, May 10, 2012

Reading Poetry (Drunk)


     This afternoon, I sat in the sunshine while reading poems from "Love's Ripening", and it's amazing how many involve being drunk!  Ha ha!  Here are a few lines:

-Do you remember how you came into existence?  Because you arrived a little drunk...

-If you intend to bewilder people, I intend to make you drunk and dazed.

-The eye of intellect is drunk with you.

-Oh, to leave this house, to give up this deep red wine and the sound of this music...

-Little by little, the bands of drunkards are coming!

-You’re happy headed and dead drunk, but I’m a happy headless drunk!

-I am so drunk today; I’ve escaped my bonds today.

-Here we are in this hidden corner, drunk.

-If wheat sprouts out of my grave, the bread you make of it will get you drunk!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: leave your comments :)