Thursday, May 16, 2013

Young Integrity

     Instead of the dead-brain themes of "Barney the Dinosaur" and "Blue's Clues" on television, I grew up watching smartly-created shows for kids: "Mr. Wizard", "Mr. Rogers", "Pinwheel House", "Sesame Street", and "The Muppets".  They discussed cultural diversity, how things work, how things are made, social responsibility, jazz (cohesiveness, spontaneity, solos, interpretation), musical theatre, and understanding Nature.  Compare that with the "money for nothing and checks for free" attitude on today's TV shows.  
     Kids were treated like people... instead of being treated like idiots and developing a sense of entitlement via "Real Housewives" and "Real World".  Learning takes modesty.  A balance in behavior takes conscience.  As a child, if I was wrong, I learned why... and I did something about it.  No trauma.  No drama.  But now people whine, "Boo hoo, he told me that I was wrong.  I demand financial compensation." (They sound like many spoiled customers in America's retail and hospitality sectors).  It's no wonder that typical people can't handle "reality" anymore: they never see it while growing up!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: leave your comments :)