Saturday, May 2, 2015

Magnolia Tree Blossoms



     I absolutely LOVE the sweet smell of Magnolia blossoms!  Ancient trees, they appeared on Earth before bees did.  Lewis teased me, last week, because I told him how I went for a walk just to stand under a flowering magnolia tree and inhale its perfume.  My own Zen moment.


You can't buy them at florist shops.  The pink blooms only hang on the branches for a mere 2 weeks or so (out of the whole year).  And they're so lovingly fragrant… and pretty!


      When something so beautiful is available, take the time to savor it.  Who cares if you seem "silly" by standing under the tree?  Take time out to "stop and smell the flowers".  Commune with Nature.  Appreciate its beauty.  Our sense of smell is one of the most powerful--and often linked to heart-warming memories--because it can be so fleeting.  Thankfully, my neighborhood of Astoria is blessed with lots of these Southern-bred trees.  And I savor them!  Hope you pause today to do something similar.


1 comment:

Don't be shy: leave your comments :)