Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Signs of Autumn


     As I left my hair stylist's salon (below), I spotted their autumnal decorations: corn husks, bales of hay and a plump pumpkin.  It made me smile (or maybe it was from the cucumber water, scalp shampoo massage, organic mint tea, and my stylist, Dragan's, tales of world travels).


Anyway, it inspired me to detour homeward, to capture more moments of autumn's early splendor... and Mother Nature's unique ways of "covering" us with beauty.  I hope you enjoy!






The plummy/burnt orange colors of the ivy (above), segued nicely to the single red oak tree, around the corner!




Overhead, a canopy of yellow.  Underfoot, a pumpkin ripened on the vine in someone's front garden.


Neighbors--young and old--were festooning their doorways with autumn bounty!  (A nice precursor to Halloween decorations).




Seeing the "pumpkin-colored" Mini Cooper (above), brought to mind the pumpkin-flavored goodies (baked on premises) at Astor Bake Shop (below)... 


A pumpkin doughnut "hit the spot".


In a nearby school playground, saffron-colored leaves dangled...


and twirled downward, mixing in the puddles from last night's rainfall.






That evening, I surprised Lewis with a vodka/pumpkin butter martini!  My own nod to October!



You can sip your own cocktail and enjoy click this link for a cute seasonal poem:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: leave your comments :)