Sunday, December 10, 2017

First Snowfall of Christmastime

Last night, as I awaited Lewis to come to my place for dinner, I peeked out my bedroom window to admire the snow.


I LOVED how it cascaded/collected on each branch and twig!  
As fast as Santa, I hurried downstairs and saw neighbors photographing it and dragging sleds on the sidewalk. 
So peaceful, serene, majestic, and beautiful.  





I texted Lewis to meet me around the corner from my apartment, and together, we strolled under the falling snowflakes and snow-ladden branches.  Magical!











Brining Lewis indoors, it was extra delightful to warm up with a bottle of Côtes du Rhône, by the glowing Christmas tree (that we decorated, with friends, a week ago).


By the next sunny morning, the snow was gone from the branches, and it looked quite different.  Everything in Life is impermanence, and--like a sunset--that was a moment to pause from your daily routine and treasure the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: leave your comments :)