Friday, January 24, 2020

Compare This Local Traffic To Urban Amsterdam

     Today, I walked 10 blocks in my neighborhood of Astoria.  It's not even as hectic as nearby Manhattan, but I heard 5 cars honking their horns during that brief 10-block distance.  They didn't just tap their horns, they impatiently blared them.  




It was 10:30 am--long after Rush Hour ended--yet people were still so agitated.  An hour later, I returned home, and I heard 3 more horns!  So much noise pollution that accomplishes nothing (due to drivers here being aggressive and incompetent).



     Below is a short video of a Londoner who has been in NYC and Amsterdam...  




     Now, compare that situation to this video I found of a hectic intersection in Amsterdam (and it doesn't have traffic signals).  Notice how nobody loses their temper.  Clearly, the Dutch do many things well.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: leave your comments :)