Tuesday, December 6, 2016

TV Writers

     Without knowing that the same script writer worked on "Golden Girls", "Frasier", and "Modern Family", I knew that all three television shows were hugely successful, long-running, and amazingly witty.  I was impressed with my own powers of deduction when I researched and found the same writers' names in all.  Each TV series possesses the same charming and yet ground-breaking sense of fun.  The characters are well-drawn, the plots are creative & coherent, the plots dovetail nicely in succession, and the seasons grow/mature in strength.  It's a joy to watch them performed.
     Based on my same powers of observation, I guessed that the writers of "Scream Queens" had worked previously on "Glee".  I could just sense it.  In a previous blog entry, I gave my opinion on why "Glee" failed.  The disjointed plots, the choppy script, the nonsense, the characters that were brought in and were then abandoned, and the wildly-snarky female villain: Sue Sylvester.  In "Scream Queens", the female villain, Dean Munch, acts/speaks almost like Sue.  That was the first clue.  "Scream Queens" makes fun of "disjointed incoherent non-believable plots" and takes it to the next level of absurdity.  Maybe the writers are making fun of their own previous failures.  If audiences needed any further hint, "Scream Queens" employs former Glee cast member (female lead), Lea Michele.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: leave your comments :)