Friday, March 10, 2017

Dating Manners?


Please watch this brief video...



Read the message below, found on an online dating site.  It surprised/disgusted my friend, but it reminded me of what I saw 7 years ago.  Where have the good manners gone?

"Please have good manners. NO games. and don't expect I'll answer right away. Sometimes I'm busy but If I'm interested I'll try to make a chance to respond. If I don't answer you, just respect. Some guys make drama about it, so be a normal person, I'll appreciate it. Thank you!"

... As if THAT person displayed good manners?!  

Where is the desire to make a good first impression? "Normal" is replying to messages in timely way.  Don't ignore people.


Even if you're busy, you can still reply and say you'll talk more when you're free.
If you're interested, you don't "try to respond"; you respond.
How do you expect someone to respect your disrespect.
If you don't desire "games" in your life, don't play them.
Even if you don't like someone, it wouldn't kill you to gently reply that you're not interested.

If someone messages you--because they see you online--they have a typical expectation that you'll reply somewhat soon... because you're online.  I never understood people who remain logged in online but don't pay attention.  Log out!




To see my experiences with online dating, go here:

http://halfwindsorfullthrottle.blogspot.com/2012/12/part-xviii.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: leave your comments :)