Saturday, June 3, 2017

Small Urban Gardens - June Is Busting Out All Over

Passing a neighbor's antique gate was a sunny opportunity to see how "June is busting out all over" around Astoria!



Come with me; I'm going to show it to you.


Summer blossoms are evident in every pocket of dirt.






With their faces skyward, roses here rival England's!  
The fuchsia-colored building below matches its roses. 





There are still some front porches in this part of otherwise-crowded Queens.





Folks deeply care for their patches of land with pristine love.





The home below has 3-story blooms!



     You simply have to respect how Astorian homeowners upkeep and support their gardens.  For example, look at the brackets installed to assist this vine!  They really want to help it flourish.  It's like something you'd see in Japan or Italy.




I admired these front-gate gardens, like a European village...








I strolled into Socrates Sculpture Park and was delighted to see the "Coffee Guy" back at this summertime spot!  
He remembered me and was elated to be pouring coffee on this breezy day.


I also bought one of his brownies and sat by the yoga class and rosebushes to savor them.





Sunlight dazzled through translucent leaves above.



When done, I meandered by the border gardens, admiring the organically-fertilized flower beds.  A fragrant bunch of peonies were nestled in a shady spot--for the intrepid person to find and revel in!









As I headed homeward, I remembered that the park had been established to protect the land from realtor development.  
So glad that worked out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: leave your comments :)